"The Book Thief"
CL 5 Learning Targets
- RL.5.2, RI.5.2: Determine a theme or central idea of a story, drama, & poem from details in the writing (i.e., how characters in a story or drama respond to challenges; how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic) or at least two main ideas from an informational text support by key details.
- RL.5.2; RI.5.2: Summarize a text.
- RL.5.3: Compare and contrast two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text (e.g., how characters interact).
- RL.5.6: Describe how a narrator’s or speaker’s point of view influences how events are described.
- L.5.4: Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple meaning words and phrases based on grade 5 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
- W.5.1: Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons and information.
Module & Portfolio Resources